Marbled swiss RollPrep: 1 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
This chocolate marbled Swiss roll is so pretty and festive.
- • 90g / 3 1/3oz / SCANT 1 CUP PLAIN FLOUR
- • 15ml / 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- • 25g / 1oz plain chocolate, grated
- • 25g / 1oz plain chocolate, grated 3 eggs
- • 115g / 4oz / ½ cup caster sugar
- • 30ml / 2 tbsp boiling water
- FOR THE FILLING
- • 1 quantity chocolate Butter cream
- • 45ml / 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat over to 2000C / 4000F / Gas 6. Grease 30 x 20 cm /12 x8 in Swiss roll tin and line with non-stick baking paper. Sift half the flour with the cocoa into a bowl . Stir in the grated plain chocolate. Sift the remaining flour into another bowl. Stir in the grated white chocolate.
- 2. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water until it holds its shape when the whisk is lifted and a ribbon trail remains.
- 3. Remove the bowl from the heat and tip half the plain chocolate mixture into one portion, then fold the white chocolate mixture into the other. Stir 15ml / 1 tbsp boiling into each half to soften.
- 4. Place alternate spoonfuls of mixture in the prepared tin and swirl lightly together with a knife or slim metal skewer for a marbled effect. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cake is firm and the surface springs bake when touched with a fingertip. turn the cake out on to a sheet of non-stick baking paper placed flat on the work surface.
- 5. Trim the edges to neaten and cover with a damp, clean dish towel coo.
- 6. For the filling, mix the chocolate butter-cream and walnuts in a bowl. Uncover the sponge, lift the lining paper and spread the surface with the buttercream. Roll up carefully from a long side and place on a serving plate. Slice to serve and store in an airtight container.
Leave a review or comment