Maple-Smoked RibsPrep: 8 hours Cook: 2 hours Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
Who does not love juicy, spicy ribs? These ribs melt in your mouth.
- 2 lbs pork side ribs
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 or 2 maple wood planks (available at the grocery store)
- Soak maple planks in a clean sink filled with water for at least 8 hours. Light on side of the BBQ. Pre-heat to 350 degrees. Place ribs, meat side up, in a roasting pan. Cover pan tightly with foil and place on unlit side. Bake 1 1/4 hours.
- In saucepan over medium heat on stove, combine maple syrup, orange juice, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and worcestershire. Stir in curry, garlic and green onions. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ribs from roasting pan and baste completely with still warm sauce. Retain 1/2 of sauce for additional basting. Place ribs on soaked maple planks on one side of BBQ with low heat setting directly underneath. Turn other side of BBQ to high and close lid. Keep temperature around 350 degree. Planks should begin to smoke within a few minutes. Adjust amount of smoke you would like to add by increasing or decreasing direct heat underneath the planks and opening or closing the lid. Allow ribs to cook on the planks for 25 minutes. Use remaining sauce to baste ribs several times throughout cooking.
Leave a review or comment