Mango Coconut Pie With Mango Coulis
- 2 c. Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stk Butter melted
- 1 1/2 c. Toasted coconut flakes divided, plus extra for garnish
- 5 x Egg yolks
- 1/4 c. Cornstarch plus
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 3/4 c. Sugar divided
- 2 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Coconut cream
- 1 x Vanilla bean split
- 1 c. Diced mango Sweetened whipped cream for topping
- 2 c. Cubed mangoes
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1 c. of coconut flakes and press into a 9-inch pie tin; bake 8 min. Set aside to cold.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks, cornstarch and half of the sugar. In a saucepan combine lowfat milk, remaining sugar, coconut cream and vanilla bean and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to very low. Ladle 1/2 c. of lowfat milk mix into egg mix, whisking constantly to temper Large eggs. When bottom of egg bowl is hot to the touch, pour egg mix into saucepan, whisking. Cook, stirring constantly, till cream thickens to consistency of mayonnaise. As soon as mix thickens, strain through a fine sieve into a bowl set in another bowl of ice-water. Cold thoroughly, stirring from time to time. Mix in diced mango and remaining coconut. Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerateto set. Top with sweetened whipped cream, sprinkle with coconut and serve with Mango Coulis.
- For the Mango Coulis: Combine mango and sugar in a blender and process. Add in sufficient water to make a pourable sauce.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment