I love pasta salads!...especially with new dressings.
Must try soon!
Make-over Spaghetti & Shrimp SaladPrep: 30 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 16by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
Originally mayo was the dressing for this salad recipe from a friend long ago, but I decided to give it a make-over. Adding a few new veggies and seasonings, and subbing an oil-based dressing, made it lighter and brighter. The recipe makes enough for a crowd or potluck, so cut down by one third or two thirds if needed.
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 3 cans (4.25-ounce each) tiny shrimp, drained (I used Crown Prince Brand)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped (about 3 stalks)
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced (or 1 cup red onion chopped fine)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (cider, red wine)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 4 dashes of red pepper sauce (optional and to taste)
- Break spaghetti in half, and cook as package directs to al dente stage; drain and rinse with cool water; set aside.
- In large bowl combine spaghetti, shrimp, celery, onions, bell pepper, and capers.
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, lemon pepper, celery seed, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Drizzle over spaghetti, shrimp & veggies, and toss lightly to coat. Adjust seasonings as needed. Chill one hour or more before serving.
Leave a review or comment