Make-Ahead Brunch CasserolePrep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 9by Laura Warnke4 recipes>
An easy breakfast or brunch casserole made with Italian sausage, Rice Krispies, onion, rice, cheese, and eggs. I especially like this recipe because it is a breakfast casserole that does not use bread in it. It has a great flavor and is quite hearty. It can also be made ahead the night before. Recipe Source: http://www.vintagecooking.com/italian-sausage-brunch-casserole/
- 2-1/2 pounds ground Italian breakfast sausage
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2/3 cup cooked rice
- 4-1/2 cups Rice Krispies (save 3/4 cup for topping)
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2-15 ounce cans cream of celery soup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fry the Italian sausage and onions together in a frying pan. Cool and drain well.
- In a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, layer 1/2 of each; cooked rice, Rice Krispies (save out 3/4 cup for topping), sausage, and shredded cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer of each.
- Beat the six eggs and two cans of soup together and pour evenly over the top.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup of Rice Krispies cereal.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment