Low Fat Chocolate and Banana Oat CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
Apart from the sugar (and flour), this can be quite a healthy cake choice. It tastes good too! Stick your bananas in the freezer if you want to ripen them up before using. http://hungryjenny.blogspot.com/2010/04/almost-low-fat-chocolate-and-banana-oat.html
- 1 egg
- 125g sugar
- 75ml veggie oil
- 3 overripe bananas, sliced
- 150g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g dark chocolate, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Whisk the egg with the oil and sugar. Mix in 2 of the bananas.
- Sift in the plain flour and fold in the oats, chocolate, cinnamon, baking soda and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour into a greased 8" round tin and scatter more oats on top, followed by the remaining sliced banana.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 30-40 minutes until you can pull a skewer out clean.
Leave a review or comment