Lite and Fabulous Steak PizzaiolaPrep: 25 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
This Italian classic is simply steak topped with a quick cooking, zesty, pizza-like sauce. Sometimes it’s topped with cheese. I’m using very lean top sirloin but if you’d prefer to use flank steak or skirt steak, just reduce the cooking time a bit. Doesn’t matter how you cook your filet, the sauce absolutely makes this dish. The skinny for each serving is 217 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This dish is terrific for a quick weeknight dinner and fancy enough for company. So de-licious!
- Ingredients for Pizzaiola Sauce
- Cooking spray, I like olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1(28 oz) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Ingredients for Steak
- 1 pound top sirloin steaks (1-4 steaks to equal 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- To make the sauce: Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, yellow peppers and mushrooms and cook about 4-5 minutes until soft. Stir often. Add the garlic, tomato paste, red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, Italian seasonings and sugar. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir often. Reduce to low heat to keep warm.
- To make the steak: Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add steaks and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Top with a little pepper. Brown steak on both sides for about 5 minutes for medium-rare. Cook a little longer, if desired. Remove from pan and transfer to cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- To serve: Divide steak slices among 4 plates. Serve with sauce on the side.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment