Linguine with Wine and White Clam Sauce
- 48 little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb linguine
- Scrub clams under cold running water and discard any that do not open
- In a large pan over high heat, heat olive oil and saute the minced garlic until golden. Add the hot pepper flakes, wine, and pepper. Add clams and shake gently to coat with olive oil ,about 30 seconds. Cover pan and continue to cook, shaking pan frequently until clams open. Discard any that do not open. Add the heavy cream and reduce mixture until slightly thickened. Stir in the parsley, thyme, butter. Ad just seasonings with salt/pepper.
- Meanwhile cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes) and drain. Pour pasta into pan with clam sauce and toss together.
Leave a review or comment