Light Strawberry MoussePrep: 2 hours Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
An easy, light, fluffy, creamy, strawberry mousse dessert to end an elegant meal.
- 1/2 cup 35% cream (liquid)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (you may also use other berries if you prefer)
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar or 3 tablespoons of splenda or other sugar substitute
- Whip the 35% cream to form stiff peaks.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and wash. Mash the strawberries well. Reserve 1 strawberry per guest.
- Whip the egg white with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff peaks, add the salt. Continue whipping while adding small quantities of the sugar (or splenda) a little at a time until well incorporated and shiny.
- Fold in the strawberries in the egg white and then the whipped cream gently.
- Pour the mousse into serving bowls and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Garnish with a fresh strawberry on each serving and enjoy.
Leave a review or comment