Lentils creamy soupPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Gourmandelle LifestyleBlog34 recipes>
I like crème soups very much but my boyfriend absolutely hates them, this is the reason why I rarely make them. This one is delicious. I love lentils not only for their flavor but also because lentils are high in proteins. Did you know that 100g of lentils contain more proteins than 100g of beef meat?! Well you know now!
- 2 tbs unrefined sunflower oil
- • 1 onion – diced
- • 1 medium celery root - chopped
- • 5-6 celery leaves
- • ¾ cup red lentils
- • 2 big tomatoes - diced and peeled
- • 3 ¾ cups of water
- • 2 tbs basil
- • 2 tsp oregano
- • 2 tsp thyme
- • Parsley
- • ½ tsp sea salt
- • ½ tsp ground pepper
- • ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Rinse the lentils â I previously soaked the lentils overnight. Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion and celery. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lentils and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, dry herbs, salt and pepper and let them boil for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. When the lentils are soft, remove from heat and let them cool.
- Add it all in the blender and blend it until creamy. If needed add water. Decorate with paprika sprinkles, parsley and celery leaves.
Leave a review or comment