Lemon Tea BreadCook: 1 hours Servings: 2by Syi28 recipes>
I like this bread with a cup of coffee in the morning. I've made it for potlucks and bake sales in the past and it's always a hit! Also as mini loaves to serve at a nice, relaxing ladies tea party. I love cream cheese, and the addition of it to this recipe makes this bread nice and moist
- 1 lemon tea bag
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 2/3 c. confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350Ë F. Grease and flour two 8 Â½ x 3-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium-high heat until it's steaming. Remove from heat. Place the tea bag in the milk and let it steep for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter at high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, beating well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the creamed mixture beginning and ending with the flour; mix well after each addition. Stir in the pecans and 2 tsp. lemon zest.
- Pour batter evenly into the loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Combine the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice, stirring until smooth. Stir in the remaining 1 tsp. lemon zest. Spoon the glaze over the warm loaves. Allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Leave a review or comment