Lemon Pound CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 9by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
This pound cake batter is so versatile that it can be baked into a loaf or Bundt pan or pound cake mold, stir in some fresh raspberries, blueberries or dark chocolate chips but keeping in mind the dry and dull weather I added fresh lemon juice for the flavor and the combination is totally divine, I made one loaf for ourselves and packed the other one for his colleagues at office, and both the places the cake was devoured within few minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 13 tablespoons (185 grams) unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- For the glaze:
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp powdered white sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl place the dry ingredients (sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) and mix nicely using spatula or wire whisk.
- Add the cubed butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed with hand mixer or electric mixer until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add little more of egg mixture, lemon juice and increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about one minute to aerate and develop the cake's structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake's structure.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you find the cake browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminum foil after about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix in lemon and sugar and pour over the cake. Before pouring glaze over the cake poke tiny holes in the cake with a toothpick so that glaze penetrates deep inside the cake.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- The Pound Cake can be covered and stored for several days at room temperature, for one week when refrigerated, or it can be frozen for two months.
Leave a review or comment