Lemon Loaf CakePrep: 30 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 15by Julia Ann Souders63 recipes>
A tasty cake for that small gathering, elegant for brunch, luncheon or dinner. Dress up with chocolate syrup and ice cream..
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Line the bottom of pan with parchment paper and grease paper.
- Place one 1 teaspoon of flour in pan., shake over buttered pan.
- Mix together lemon juice and milk, set aside to curdle milk.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- Put soft butter into a large mixing bowl and cream butter with electric mixer.
- Add sugar, continue beating to cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly at lowest mixer speed.
- Alternate 1/3 additions of flour mixture and milk/lemon mixture
- Beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly in cake pan.
- Place pan in preheated.
- Bake 50 - 60 minutesl, or until cake tester come out clean.
- Cool on rake 10 minutes before removing from pan.,
Leave a review or comment