Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 TBSP grated lemon peel
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Spray an 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Cut a strip of parchment paper and lay it over the bottom of the pan.
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the blueberries and lemon peel.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
- Cool completely.
Leave a review or comment