Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin Spinach Feta QuichePrep: 60 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin14 recipes>
This quiche makes for a wonderful breakfast, brunch, or lunch. It was a guest favorite during the time I operated an award winning bed and breakfast establishment. Add compliments to the dish such as fresh fruit and momosas for a beverage. Easy to make and great for entertaining on a nice day out at the patio.
- 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 16 oz. fresh baby leaf spinach dry and chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 8 oz. Feta cheese
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large skillet over medium heat sauté lightly onion with the minced garlic in olive oil. Onion should be just transparent.
- Add mushrooms and lightly brown.
- Remove from heat, let cool, add Feta, add 2 oz. cheddar cheese and mix slightly.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Add spinach on top of mixture.
- In medium bowl, wisk eggs and add milk.
- Pour into pie shell over top of mixture.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 375 F.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment