Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 5by Enda Love75 recipes>
Lamb can be an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, and these lamb loin chops with a fragrant and flavourful Marsala sauce will prove it. Serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- • 5-6 lamb loin chops
- • 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- • Salt & pepper• 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter• 8 oz (227 g) fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- • 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) Marsala wine (or dry white wine)
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
- • 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- • Fresh thyme
- In a shallow bowl mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan; using spatula to scrape the pan clean. Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and seared loin chops to the pan. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.
- More recipes featuring fresh local ingredients are available at mushrooms.ca.
Leave a review or comment