Kesar Pista KulfiPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Preetha4 recipes>
Indian Street Ice Cream
- Milk - 1 Litre
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cornflour - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Crushed cardamom - 1/2 Tsp
- Chopped Pistachios - 1/3 cup
- Saffron strands - 1/4 Tsp
- In a cup take 1/4 cup of milk and dissolve cornflour and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, pour the remaining milk,condensed milk and sugar. Mix well. Bring it to boil on a low flame.
- Keep stirring, and do scrap the cream from the sides of the pan. Keep stirring until the milk thickens and reduces to 3/4th .
- Now add the cornflour mix to it slowly, and keep stirring and make sure no lumps are formed inside.
- Add the crushed cardamom, saffron and pistachios to it. Mix well.
- Take out from heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled down, transfer it to kulfi mold or popsicle mold or in any other mold you like.
- Insert a ice cream stick or toothpick in the centre and freeze for at least 4-5 hours.
- Before serving take it out and place the mold under running tap water for a few seconds. Rotate once and pull the kulfi from the mold with the help of the stick.
- While serving garnish with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment