Kasha & BowtiesPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
A family friend makes this and its great because of the carmelized onions. Recipe calls for beef broth but you can use chicken broth.
- 1 cup Kasha
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp schmultz or veg. oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of Bowties
- Mix kasha and beaten egg till well coated.
- In a med non-stick pan fry kasha till egg dries and grains separate
- stir and set aside
- Cook your pasta
- Lg pot cook onion in schmultz till carmelized, then add beef stock and soup mix, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add kasha, stir. Cover and simmer over low heat stirring occasionally approx 10 mins or til kasha is tender.
- Add cooked and drained bowties.
Leave a review or comment