kale apple bacon and bleu cheese salad in a spicy mustard vinaigrettePrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Karista159 recipes>
a lovely fall and winter kale salad laced with bacon, bleu cheese and tossed in a spicy mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 large bunch of kale, trimmed off the stalks and chopped (I used red kale but any type of kale will work)
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 4-6 ounces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces of bleu cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds for garnish (optional)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Most of the time I put it all into a mason jar with a pinch of salt and pepper and then close it with a lid and shake until all the ingredients are nicely combined.
- But you can whisk the ingredients together as well and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss some of the dressing with the kale until all the kale leaves are nicely coated.
- Transfer the dressed kale to a platter or salad bowl and then top with apples, bacon and bleu cheese.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.
Leave a review or comment