Juicy Seared Tuna Steak RecipePrep: 10 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by Pamela Orbin23 recipes>
Learn how to make a beautiful sesame-crusted tuna steak.
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin (Japanese wine)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup of sesame seeds
- Wasabi paste
- In order to begin on this seared tuna steak recipe, first mix the soy sauce, honey, mirin, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Divide this mixture into 2 equal parts â into one part, mix in the rice vinegar and then set this aside for use later as your dipping sauce. Depending on your own personal preference, you may add a little more honey or use less sesame oil.
- On a dish, spread out the sesame seeds. Cover the tuna steaks with the soy sauce concoction and thereafter press them into the sesame seeds such that the steaks are well coated.
- In a large skillet, you should next heat the olive oil until it is very hot over high heat. Place the steaks into the pan and sear them for about thirty seconds per side. I normally cut the steaks such that they are about one half or three quarter inches thick before I sear them. I donât want them too thick because they may end up burning before they cook; and this way, they turn out pink and not red in the middle â just the way I like them.
- Serve your steaks with the dipping sauce and some wasabi paste.
Leave a review or comment