Jasmine Rice Cakes With Sauteed Shrimp And Coconut Banana Sauce
- 1 c. jasmine rice, cooked in 2 c. water
- 1/2 x yellow pepper, finely, sliced
- 1/2 sm zucchini, finely, diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely, grated
- 1/4 c. minced coriander
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil, for frying cakes
- 16 lrg shrimp, tail on, peeled, and, deveined
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 x onion, minced
- 1 x Thai chili, finely, chopped
- 2 tsp coarsely grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. freshly minced coriander grated zest of half a lime
- 1/2 c. white wine salt, to taste pepper, to taste Coconut Banana Sauce
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 lrg ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 1 x juice of one lime
- Cook rice in a small pot in 2 c. cool water. Bring to a boil, reduce to low, cover and simmer 12 min. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min. Transfer to a shallow pan and stir to cold. Season with cracked black pepper and add in the finely diced zucchini and yellow pepper. Set aside till completely cold.
- While rice is cooking chop all ingredients for shrimp.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet and toss the onion, ginger and Thai chili over high heat. Onion should be soft, about 3-4 min. Add in the shrimp and saute/fry for one minute, or possibly till shrimp is just opaque. Add in lime zest and juice, white wine and coriander and adjust seasoning. Remove from heat immediately and set aside.
- Prepare sauce.
- Lastly, form rice into 8 round cakes using a little oil on your hands to prevent rice from sticking. Combine the minced corinader and grated ginger. Dip the rice cakes in this mix coating liberally. Heat oil on high and fry cakes for about 2 min per side, or possibly till just golden brown.
- Reheat shrimp mix when rice cakes are fried. Serve 2 rice cakes per plate. Arrange 4 shrimp over rice cakes and drizzle with sauce. Spoon a little banana cream on the side.
- Coconut Banana Sauce:In a small saucepan, brown butter and add in the banana, coconut lowfat milk and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat for about 3-5 min or possibly till very thick and creamy. Stir with a fork, mashing the banana. Remove from heat and set aside.
Leave a review or comment