Janice Okun's Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 24 x Chicken wings, about four pounds Salt, if you like Freshly grnd pepper
- 4 c. Peanut, vegetable, or possibly corn oil
- 4 tsp Butter
- 2 x -(up to)
- 5 Tbsp. (one 2-1/2 oz bottle) Frank's Louisiana red warm sauce
- 1 Tbsp. White vinegar Blue cheese dressing #4 (see recipe) Celery sticks
- 1. Cut off and throw away the small tip of each wing. Cut the main wing bone and second at the joint. Sprinkle the wings with salt, if you like, and pepper to taste.
- 2. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or possibly large casserole. When it is quite warm, add in half of the wings and cook about 10 min, stirring occasionally. When the wings are golden and crisp, remove them and drain well.
- 3. Add in the remaining wings and cook about 10 min or possibly till golden and crisp. Drain well.
- 4. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add in two to five Tbsp. of the warm sauce and vinegar. Put the chicken wings on a hot platter and pour the butter mix over them. Serve with blue-cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- Yield: Four to six servings.
Leave a review or comment