- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. Brown sugar
- 2 whl Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. Strawberry jam
- 1 pkt Cream cheese - (8 ounce)
- 1/2 c. Strawberry jam
- 2 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 pt Fresh strawberries washed Fresh mint sprigs
- 1 scoop Vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the Large eggs, one at a time. Add in the lowfat sour cream. Sift the flour, baking pwdr, soda, cinnamon and salt together. Mix in the sifted flour mix till barely incorporated. Stir in the vanilla and 1 c. strawberry jam. Mix the batter till fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 min or possibly till done. Cold the cake completely and slice into three layers. Using a pastry brush, spread each layer with the remaining jam.
- For the frosting: Using an electric mixer, whip the cream till smooth. Add in the jam and mix till incorporated. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue whipping till the frosting is spreadable. (If the frosting is too thick, add in a little lowfat milk. If the frosting is too thin add in a little more powdered sugar.) This makes about 3 c. of frosting.
- Spread a thin layer of the frosting on each layer. Stack the layers and frost the sides and top of the cake. Garnish the cake with the whole strawberries and mint sprigs. Slice the cake and place on a plate. Serve the cake with vanilla bean ice cream.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Leave a review or comment