Italian Style Chicken Over Pasta
- 350 gm chicken breasts bite size pcs
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 lrg onion finely minced
- 1 x clove garlic chopped
- 1 lrg green pepper diced
- 2 c. zucchini thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. dry sherry or possibly chicken broth
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley finely minced
- 3/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 dsh salt
- 8 ounce capellini
- 1. In nonstick pan over med, heat chicken and oil, stirring frequently for 3-4 mins till chicken is white on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. Add in water to pan and stir in onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 6-7 mins till onions are tender (add in more water if onions begin to stick). Add in all other ingredients but pasta. Add in the chicken and mix well. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 13-16 mins till vegetables are just tender. Add in salt.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook capellini, drain and serve topped with chicken mix.
Leave a review or comment