Italian Stuffing With Sausage And Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 med Celery ribs, with leaves, minced
- 2 med Rib bell peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb Sweet Italian, (turkey) sausage
- 1 1/2 c. Turkey stock
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Dry oregano Crushed red pepper
- 7 c. Italian bread, (dayold is easier to cut), up to 8
- 1 c. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. Martini and Rossi dry Vermouth
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet and add in: onions, celery, red bell peppers, garlic and sausage. Cook till sausage has browned and is thoroughly done.
- Pour sausage mix into bowl and add in basil, oregano and crushed red pepper. Mix thoroughly. Then bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Martini and Rossi Dry Vermouth and turkey stock.
- Pour mix into casserole dish and bake for 35 40 min 350 degrees.
Leave a review or comment