Italian Shrimp ScampiPrep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This is an easy recipe that you can prepare in advance and bake right before dinner. It's truly delicious, if not exactly low fat. Make sure to give it a squeeze of fresh lemon just before serving!
- 4 lbs shrimp
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (or onions)
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup panko (japanese bread crumbs)
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional...leave out if you have kids with sensitive taste buds)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on if you like. Place shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with olive oil, wine, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the butter and garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until well mixed.
- In a shallow, oven proof serving dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer butterflied side own with tails curling up and toward the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. It's a little tricky to spread it evenly, just do your best as it will melt and disperse when baked.
- Bake for 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you want to brown the top of the bread crumbs, place under a broiler for 1 minute.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
Leave a review or comment