Italian Monkey BreadPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Patti Fisher68 recipes>
Serious sports fan friends of ours are making pasta for the big game. They’re calling it the “Spaghetti Bowl”. Sorry I couldn’t get the sauce recipe; they say it’s a family secret. They wanted something different than plain old garlic bread and Patti came up with this. This is easy to fix a day ahead and super easy with ready made biscuits and just a few more ingredients. To serve you just pull off the pieces you want. Easy & fun. Patti and I have set one night a week just for us. It’s our date night. We usually put something special on our Pacific Living Outdoor Oven but sometimes we cook inside. We always eat outside on our patio where it is very comfortable with a rainforest theme. Wood Pellet Patio Heater, little lights, candles, lanterns and surround sound. We enjoy a little wine, or strawberry margaritas using frozen strawberries for ice, good food, music and sometimes a dance or two… We do our recipes on our patio where we have a lineup of grills, including Louisiana, Green Mountain, Royall, Memphis, Traeger pellet grills, Char Griller side box smoker, Saber, Charmglow, Char-Broil, The Big Easy, Pacific Living Outdoor Oven, Lodge Sportsman’s, Brinkman and Weber. I call it our “Wall of Grill”. Our grilling styles are healthy and low fat and will fit pelletheads, gas, natural wood and even charcoal purists. Almost any of our recipes can be done on any kind of good BBQ. The important thing to keep in mind is TIME & TEMPERATURE. You can even do some of them in the oven or crock pot, but, then you lose all the flavors you get from cooking outdoors. But sometimes it does rain. Remember that a recipe is simply an outline; it is not written in stone. Don’t be afraid to make changes to suit your taste. Take it and run with it….
- 4 7 ½ oz. cans regular Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pizza or Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked & chopped bacon
- 3 ½ cups pizza or Italian blend cheese
- In a small bowl mix seasonings with melted butter. Separate dough into five pieces and cut in half. Coat half of the biscuits with half of the butter mixture. Arrange half of the biscuits in very well greased 12 cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle half the cheese and bacon over biscuits. Repeat.
- Place it in the Pacific Living Outdoor Oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (177c). Remove from oven and let stand five minutes. Place heatproof plate over pan and invert.
- For indoor oven directions check out our website:
Leave a review or comment