"Ice Cream" FrostingPrep: 30 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 15by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
I have made this many times and have had positive reactions, especially when people are told it is made with flour. It is easy to make; costs little and is pleasing to the taste. Use of creamed fruits makes it even more delightful.. It is labor saving. It is great used on cupcakes also .
- 4 T. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup oleo ( butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- In suce pan, over low heat, cook the flour and milk.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking
- When thick, put mixture on a plate and allow to cool in refrigerator. It should look like paste.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar. Cream well to avoid sugar being gritty.( if you wish a flavored frosting, you can add 1-2 T. of your choice of concentrated orange juice, lemon, or rum)
- Add the cooled flour mixture and beat well until very smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Leave a review or comment