Ice box picklesPrep: 5 min Servings: 20by GARY ESTESS78 recipes>
This is a RECIPE that we love and the grand kids to I always wanted to make pickles but had not enough cucumbers. I have a small garden. But you can buy BIG cucumbers I wanted to make pickles in 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp dill seed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Chile paquin peppers they are very small grow wild in Texas very hot
- Cucumbers enough to fill a quart jar
- Enough water to cover the cucumbers in a pot
- Wash the cucumbers or slice to good thick pieces
- Mix the 6 ingredients till the salt and sugar is clear
- Put in pot and add cucumbers and 6 ingredients
- Add water to cover 1/2 inch
- Heat to boil till the cucumber start changing color not dark green but lite yellow and green. Or light green.
- Let cool and put in quart jar or plastic container and keep in refrigerator.
Leave a review or comment