Hyderabadi Double ka Meetha - Bread PuddingPrep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 1by Roha5 recipes>
Double Ka Meetha is the Hyderabadi dessert made of fried crispy bread,soaked in milk and cardamon syrup.Its also similar to Shahi Tukre. I have put two method of dessert so it be easy for you to follow :)
- 6 slices of bread and cut into shapes (one slice into two or four)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom (elaichis)
- 2 cup Ghee/Oil
- 1 big pinch Saffron threads
- 1 Edible Silver Leaf (Warq) optional
- For Garnishing :
- Slices Almonds, Pistachios & Cashews fry until golden,about 3 minutes.
- Khoa (optional)
- In a large non-stick saucepan/Khadhai at medium heat, Fry the bread pieces in Ghee /oil till golden brown keep aside.
- Then another saucepan at a medium heat add milk, crush 2 cardamom & saffron let the milk cook for 20 minutes,
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup add crush 2 cardamom powder till thicken,Remove from the heat.
- Then arrange fry breads on a plate.
- Then pour sugar syrup over the bread,allow the bread to soak up the syrup
- Then pour milk over the Bread,allow the bread to soak up the milk leave for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with khoa, toasted Slices Almonds,Pistachios & Cashews.
- You can Serve it warm/cold.
Leave a review or comment