Hunter-Chicken DinnerPrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Hunter-Chicken Dinner is an easy, delicious, hearty and healthy recipe for a full meal which includes chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and onion in a mushroom sauce served over brown rice. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, vitamin enriched, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, (about 3 lbs), skin removed
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2" long strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 2" long strips (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Healthy Request® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pot.
- Reduce to medium heat. Add in the onions and pepper strips to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add in the wine to saucepot Heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the saucepot. Cook for 1 minute or until the wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomatoes and soup. Return chicken to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Leave a review or comment