Hubby's Meatballs and sauce recipePrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
My husband wanted to make something for dinner, so he decided to look online and find something to make. The first time he did that, it wasnt pretty! But this one was a hit, it was good. And he was very, very proud of himself!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp veg.oil
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5oz can of whole tomatoes, gently crushed
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- add'l 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- In med bowl mix meatball ingredients till well combined and shape into 20 meatballs (1 1/2 in) place them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 mins. drain when done.
- Meanwhile in a lg pot saute onions in oil till tender. Then stir in all the rest of the sauce ingredients (except the last 2 tbsp of cheese)
- Mix well and simmer while the meatballs are baking.
- When meatballs are done add then to the sauce and continue simmering covered for another 20mins.
- Stirring occasionally, turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, or make meatball subs
Leave a review or comment