Honey Mustard Chicken DrummiesPrep: 5 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Patti Fisher68 recipes>
We got a call this week from friends excited to be taking their two adorable kids to the New Year’s parade. Of course, tailgating was a must and they wanted an easy and kid friendly recipe. They asked what the best sides would be and Ken said napkins…lots and lots of napkins. Patti came up with a barbecue sauce recipe with the help of Country Bob’s BBQ sauce. It was all good!We do our recipes on our patio where we have a lineup of grills, including Louisiana, Green Mountain, Royall, Memphis, Traeger wood pellet grills, Char Griller side box smoker, Saber, Charmglow, Char-Broil, The Big Easy, Pacific Living Outdoor Oven, Lodge Sportsman’s, Brinkman and Weber. I call it our “Wall of Grill”. Our grilling styles are healthy and low fat and will fit pelletheads, gas, natural wood and even charcoal purists. Almost any of our recipes can be done on any kind of good BBQ. The important thing to keep in mind is TIME & TEMPERATURE. You can even do some of them in the oven or crock pot, but, then you lose all the flavors you get from cooking outdoors. But sometimes it does rain. Remember that a recipe is simply an outline; it is not written in stone. Don’t be afraid to make changes to suit your taste. Take it and run with it….
- Ingredients: Honey Mustard Chicken Drums
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Swimmin’ in Smoke Salt Free Chik Bait Seasoning, to taste
- BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Country Bob’s BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup orange blossom honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder, optional
- Generously sprinkle chicken with Swimmin’ in Smoke Salt Free Chik Bait
- In medium bowl whisk BBQ sauce ingredients until well blended set aside until you’re ready to sauce. Brush on sauce 10-15 minutes before chicken is done. I put my drummies on a Bull Rack shelf with the wire rack on it. I find the Bull Rack shelves are handy for lots of things around the grill and kitchen. I just set it on the Louisiana for 45 minutes at 350 Degrees (177c) turning them once. Then, we sauced them the last 10 minutes of the cook.
- When the chicken reaches an internal temp around 180 degrees (82c) pull it off, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. U.S.D.A. safe for chicken is 165 degrees (74c), but I like the way it flakes apart better at 180 degrees (82c). Keep in mind that the chicken will continue cooking for another 5 to 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
- For oven directions check out our website:
Leave a review or comment