Honey And Roasted Barley Risotto
- 2 x shallots chopped
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 x celery stalks diced fine
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. arborio rice (risotto)
- 3 1/2 quart roasted butternut squash soup see recipe
- 1/4 c. barley toasted, cooked
- 1/4 c. butternut squash diced small
- 1/4 c. Romano cheese grated salt and black pepper
- 1. In a saucepan over moderate heat, saute/fry shallots, garlic and celery in oil and butter till tender. Add in rice, stirring to coat well. Don't let grains brown.
- 2. Add in 3 1/2 c. soup in small batches, stirring continuously.
- 3. Add in barley and squash. Continue cooking in same manner till rice is tender but al dente. Add in cheese. Adjust seasoning.
- 4. Per portion, spoon a dollop of risotto into center of soup bowl. Ladle 1 c. soup around risotto.
- serve as: Butternut Squash Soup With Honey And Roasted Barley Risotto
Leave a review or comment