Hi Shalina! I love reading your recipes.
I am not familiar with these ingredients but this seems to be a steamed pudding (Budino) dessert?
Looks good..I wish I could try a slice of that!
Homemade Sapin-sapinPrep: 20 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Homestyle cooking of Filipino delicacies and desserts are passed from generation to generation. We improvise these days but the natural method is still being used.
- 1 1/2 cups malagkit dough (galapong)
- 1/2 cup rice galapong
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups cooked ubi (mashed)
- grated coconut
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- food coloring; violet & egg-yellow
- Blend all ingredients except mashed ubi and food coloring.
- To one part – add mashed ubi. To heighten the color of the ubi, add a dash of violet food coloring. Mix well.
- To 2nd part – add egg-yellow coloring. Mix well.
- To 3rd part – just plain white, nothing to add.
- Grease a round baking pan. Line with banana leaves and grease the leaves. Then, pour in ubi mixture. Spread evenly. Steam for 30 minutes or more, until firm. Note: cover the baking pan with cheese cloth before steaming.
- Pour 2nd layer on top of the cooked ubi. Cover again and steam for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in 3rd layer or the plain mixture. Again, steam for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, fry the grated coconut until brown and put on top of the sapin-sapin as 'bud-bud' (sprinkles)
- Cool before slicing into serving pieces.
Leave a review or comment