- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 carton (15 to 16 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 to 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water and salt until blended; gradually stir in flour.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times, forming a firm dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk egg, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Stir in cheese.
- Divide dough into 4 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of each circle.
- Moisten edges with water; fold in half and press edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring water to a boil.
- Add pierogies in batches; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until pierogies float to the top and are tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add pierogies in batches; cook 1-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding additional butter as necessary.
Leave a review or comment