Homemade IcingPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I've always liked to bake cakes and tarts and brownies. But making icing took me a lot of practice to have one that satisfied me :)
- 1 egg white
- 250-300g sifted powdered icing sugar
- Pour the egg white into a bowl and gradually add the icing sugar in small amounts whilst stirring.
- Continue beating until the icing becomes firm and shiny and has the consistency of a topping. Little peaks should appear when you take out the spoon.
- Cover the bowl with a warm tea towel for a few minutes before using the icing.
- Pour onto the surface of the cake. The icing will spread out slowly.
- Using a metallic spatula, spread out the mixture until you get it perfect.
- To make patterns or write in icing, use a nozzle. If you don’t have one, make a cone out of tracing paper or greaseproof paper.
Leave a review or comment