Hokkien Fried Noodles
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- 5 ounce fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1/2 ounce dry rice vermicelli (beehoon)
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 x green onion julienned
- 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb medium raw shrimp shelled, deveined, and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 lb hard white fish (optional) (such as sea bass, sliced)
- 1 x fresh red jalapeno chili julienned
- 1/4 c. julienned carrot
- 3 x baby bok choy sliced
- 1 x Chinese cabbage leaf sliced
- 1 x egg lightly beaten Chicken broth (optional) Cilantro sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine cooking sauce ingredients.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook egg noodles for 2 min; drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again. Soak rice vermicelli in hot water for 5 min; drain.
- Place a wok over high heat till warm. Add in oil, swirling to coat sides. Add in garlic, ginger, and green onion; stir for 1 minute. Add in chicken, shrimp, and fish (if used); cook 2 min longer. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in chili, carrot, bok choy, cabbage, cooking sauce, noodles, and rice vermicelli. Stir well to coat noodles, then cook till vegetables and noodles are tender, 4 to 5 min. Stir in egg. If pan appears dry, add in a few spoonfuls of chicken broth. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment