High Fiber GranolaServings: 12by Meera Nalavadi21 recipes>
A high fiber, super nutrient granola.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup psyllium husk or flakes
- 1 cup mixed nuts you have on hand. almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios chopped evenly
- ½ cup seeds, I used flax seeds, chia seeds. Try sunflower, sesame seeds
- 1-11/2 cups dried fruit. I had cranberries, Turkish apricots and dates( chopped). Try dried blueberries, strawberries, raisins
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup agave/ honey/ raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup apple or orange juice
- Combine oats, psyllium, nuts, seeds, spices and fruit in a large mixing bowl. If using raw sugar mix to dissolve with juice and then oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix well to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a 300 F oven for 45 minutes, turning frequently so they bake evenly.
- Cool the granola before transferring into an airtight container.
- Will stay for up to a month.
- Serve with berries,fruit, milk or yogurt. I like it with soy milk or Greek yogurt.
Leave a review or comment