Hershey's Special Dark Truffle Brownie CheesecakePrep: 1 hours Cook: 50 min Servings: 16by Joann Mathias165 recipes>
- Ingredients for Brownie Layer:
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ingredients for Truffle Cheesecake Layer:
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. For Brownie Layer, stir together melted butter, 1-1/4 cups sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add 2 eggs; stir until blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; blend well. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie layer pulls away from sides of pan.
- 3. Meanwhile for Truffle Cheesecake Layer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in 4 eggs, heavy cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended.
- 4. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Place remaining chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Gradually blend melted chocolate into cheese cake batter.
- 5. Remove Brownie Layer from oven and immediately spoon cheesecake mixture over brownie. Return to oven; continue baking 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool to to room temperature. Remove side of pan.
- 6. Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Dip strawberries into chocolate. Set on parchment paper to set.
- 7. Pipe some whipped cream rosettes around the edge if you desire and place strawberries upon each rosette.
Leave a review or comment