Herb Roasted TurkeyPrep: 20 min Cook: 210 min Servings: 12by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Herb Roasted Turkey is a delicious, easy to prepare recipe for your Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year holiday meal. The aroma will whet your appetite as it fills your home while roasting. A super tender and moist turkey will emerge as you bring it to the carving board. This will be the only turkey recipe you will use once you've tried this highly seasoned and tasty bird. Makes 12 Servings, takes (20) minutes to prepare and (3-1/2) hours to cook.
- 1 whole turkey, (12 to 14 lb), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 tbsp rubbed sage or poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1sp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325° F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix together the sage, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the seasoning mixture inside the turkey. Stuff with onion and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover turkey loosely with heavy duty foil.
- Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. (175° F. in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board to slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
Leave a review or comment