Hellmann's Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake was my favorite chocolate cake growing up. Not sure if this is the same recipe, but I found it on the Hellmann's website, so here's hoping....
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans*; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost, if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Leave a review or comment