Heirloom Tomato Caprese SaladPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by Mihir Shah32 recipes>
Heirloom tomato's are coming into season (as I'm writing this) - this is a wonderful dish for summertime picnics or a light weekend lunch. Also a great appetizer for the family.
- 3 medium red heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/2 inch think
- Balsamic wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Slice the top and bottom off each tomato so that it can "stand" by itself. Slice each tomato lengthwise; you should get about 4 slices from each one. Place all slices on a large plater or plate 3 slices on an appetizer plate for individual portions.
- Salt and pepper your tomato slices. Layer one slice of cheese over each tomato slice and top with a whole basil leaf.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment