Heavenly Pork Leg Bee Hoon for Chinese New YearPrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 3by Blackswan82 recipes>
This is a popular poor man’s food that almost all mothers can cook, at least in Singapore. It’s the most convenient way to have a quick delicious meal during work week. A lot of people also like to cook Pork Leg Bee Hoon during parties. You can see how easy it is to turn a simple can food dish into a classy festive dish that’s fit for the King!
- 150g Bee Hoon or 3 pieces
- 30g Mermaid Fish
- 1 can Pork Leg
- 1 can Pork Chop (small)
- 200g Chye Sim
- 1 Chilli (shredded)
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ½ tsp Oil
- Soak bee hoon till soft. Drain & set aside.
- Remove bones from pork & shred pork. Use your hands when removing the bones so you can feel. Keep sauce, mushroom & chestnuts.
- Heat oil & fry garlic till fragrant. Add Â½ the sauce, bee hoon, then pork. Cover lid & simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Mix well. Add vegetables & remaining sauce. Cover & simmer for another 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish lightly. Heat oil & fry fish till crispy. Do not fry on high heat or youâll burn the fish. Serve the fish at the side of your delicious bee hoon or you can place them on top. Put chilli if you like it a little spicy.
Leave a review or comment