Heart-Healthy SnickerdoodlesPrep: 15 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 36by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Heart-Healthy Snickerdoodles is a delicious and quick (23 Minute) recipe which is also a generally healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers friendly recipe. A great option for Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter holidays or anytime.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bowl. Set aside. Beat 1-1/2 cups of the sugar and shortening together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Mix together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Leave a review or comment