Healthy Stuffed Bitter Gourd Boat with Minced PorkPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Blackswan82 recipes>
Be enticed by the kaleidoscope of colours & flavours slowly coaxed into this Stuffed Bitter Gourd Boat with Minced Pork . Besides adding a touch of red to the dish, Wolfberries provides a plethora of health benefits especially for the eye-sight.
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Wine
- ½ tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Corn Flour
- ½ tsp Brown Bean Paste
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Chop off both ends of bitter gourd and remove skin. Cut the melon into half, and scrape out the seeds using a spoon. Soak bitter gourd in salt water for about an hour to get rid of bitterness.
- Marinate meat for about 30 minutes. Soak wolfberries in water till soft. Keep some for presentation, and mix the rest of wolfberries with meat.
- *Note: Stuff the meat gently and loosely into the bitter gourd boat or your meat will turn out too hard when cooked. Place onto serving plate, and top with more wolfberries if you like. Drizzle broth on it and wrap it loosely with cling wrap. Alternatively, if you prefer your bitter gourd to be soft and mushy, you may like to steam the melon first until it is half-cooked, then stuff it with meat and continue to steam.
- I used microwave and put it on auto steam mode. If you don't have a microwave, steam the boat till soft or for about 15 - 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the texture of meat. If toothpick comes out clean without any traces of raw meat stuck onto it, the dish is ready.
Leave a review or comment