Healthy Homemade Soft Chewy Granola Bars from ScratchPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 12by Homemade & Yummy154 recipes>
Healthy Homemade Soft Chewy Granola Bars from Scratch. Nutrition with ingredients you can pronounce.
- For the Dry mix:
- 1/4 cup wheat berries (you can use whole wheat flour if you wish)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- For the Wet mix:
- 1 1/3 cups applesauce (I used strawberry flavoured) (homemade or bought)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp chai seasoning blend spice (you can add any spice you like here)
- Add ins:
- 1/2 cup cranberries (and a bit to sprinkle on top)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (and a bit to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray, and line with parchment.
- Using a blender, combine the dry ingredients (wheat berries, cocoa, oats, quinoa flakes, flaxseeds and almonds). Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place this mixture in a bowl.
- In a bowl combine the wet ingredients (applesauce, vanilla, & chai spice).
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and combine well.
- Add the cranberries and coconut, and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, and spread evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cranberries and coconut.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool in pan.
- Once cool, remove from pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 12 (or whatever size you like).
Leave a review or comment