Healthty Toddler MuffinsPrep: 5 min Cook: 22 min Servings: 36by Randa Derkson1 recipe>
Mini muffins for toddlers loaded with veggies & fruits. Contains little sugar. Recipe source: http://thebewitchinkitchen.com/2013/05/healthy-toddler-muffins.html
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 handful of baby carrots, grated
- 1 jar of organic butternut squash baby food
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F and spray mini muffin tins with non stick cooking spray (I used butter flavor).
- Beat the brown sugar and apple sauce in your mixer until mixed well.
- Add carrots to food processor (I used a Ninja blender) and pulse until they're grated. Add to mixer along with bananas and the jar of baby food. Mix until well combined.
- One at a time add eggs, allowing time for the first egg to be incorporated before adding the second.
- At this point you can add the dry ingredients and beat until it comes together.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment