Hazelnut Chocolate Pudding CupsPrep: 1 hours Cook: 5 min Servings: 12by Conni @MrsMamaHen9 recipes>
This simple treat is perfect for a potluck or picnic. Served in 4 ounce "mason jars" they are perfectly portable!
- 4 c Whole Milk
- 1/3 c Baking Cocoa
- 1 Tb Hazelnut Extract
- 1/3 c Cornstarch
- 1 c Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1/3 c Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/3 c Dark Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Chop the hazelnuts and chocolate chips, and combine them in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the milk, baking cocoa, Hazelnut extract, cornstarch, sugar and salt all together in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring continually until it comes to a gentle boil. Let it bubble for one minute.
- After the minute, pour the pudding into a heat-safe bowl. It will take you a few minutes to spoon these out, and you don't want the pudding on the bottom to scald.
- Ladle your pudding into 4 ounce jars. If you have a handy canning funnel, it will make your job much easier.
- Top the warm pudding with a spoonful of the hazelnut-chocolate mixture.
- Allow them to come to room temperature, and then put the lids on and refrigerate at least an hour. Keep them chilled until you serve them.
- Serve these topped with some whipped cream.
- (Prep Time includes time to chill)
Leave a review or comment