Hawaiian Breakfast Fried RicePrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Hawaiian Breakfast Fried Rice is loaded with sweet pineapple, yummy pork sausage, honey ham, crispy bacon and savory veggies.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped, with white ends separated from green ends
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 4 sweet pork sausages, casings removed, fully cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (drain all but 1 tablespoon)
- 6 fried eggs for the top, if desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove and chop up the bacon into bite size pieces; set aside and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the red onion, white ends only of the green onions, garlic and red bell pepper pieces. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the peppers are tender crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, honey, ginger, garlic powder, pepper and pineapple juice.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the bacon, ham, sausage, pineapple, rest of the green onions and soy sauce mixture. Stir well. Serve on a platter and add your favorite style of eggs to the top, if desired.
Leave a review or comment